Today is the first day, in as long as I can remember that we've had NO TANTRUMS from Xander! There are some days that I get less than 2 hrs total, out of the whole day that he is not having a fit. Many of you Know that when Xan has a tantrum, he is out of control, to say the least. He has a high pitched, ear piercing scream, that sends the whole family to the breaking point. He can also be viloent, usually to himself, punching himself or the worst part is that when hits his forehead on the floor until his nose bleeds. I have gotten advice from many people but nothing seems to really work. The Pediatrician says to ignore it (but how can I do that if he's going to be bleeding on the carpet, tell me that). Others have said he dose it for attention, but I think that is unlikely, since the tantrums seem to come from nowhere, and start when he's playing with me or the kids. As bad as theses "terrible twos" can be, today we are getting to see what a fun boy he can be, even when he's not getting his way. (knock on wood!)

1 comment:
I couldn't read the "explanation" of the bloody nose yesterday.. but now i can. weird. ANYWAY, how exhausting having to deal with such big tantrums! Especially when blood is gushing out of his face! seriously! But that Batman face is just too cute (when he's smiling, right?) I have an idea for you, but you are probably sick of advice. We will talk later.
AND last night was a total blast! I don't even care that I am completely out of it today... I am still not dressed and it's noon. I hope my kids found something to eat for breakfast... and lunch. oops.
Post a Comment