Today when I took Kaylee and Warner to school they were having a special ceremony for the start of the school year. First of all, since I know I can trust all of you not to think I'm a sissy, I will confess, I did cry a few times (and I'm not even pregnant). When I heard all 900 kids along with the teachers and some parents, saying the Pledge of Allegiance, it really hit me, that even though I do not appreciate, the direction our country is being taken in, I really do love our country. I think that I had forgotten how blessed we are to be "one nation, under God".
Then the kids sang a song about Nevada being their home and how beautiful it is here, and I thought, ...they're right...then I cried a little more.
So for the start of the year kick off, very student and teacher released a balloon of school color in to the sky. I tried to get some good picture but they really don't do it justice; it was an awesome site.

As a special guest former Nevada Senator Joseph M. Neal (who the school is named after) gave a speech about how proud he is of the kids and the goals for the upcoming year. I was touched when the principal told everyone about all the wonderful things he had done to contribute to education. I really miss having elected officials with strong morals, and kids and families at heart.
5 comments:
dang i wish i could have been there, i misss my family!!!!!-amie
That sounds so awesome. Love the balloons. Your kids are absolutely beautiful.
Thanks for the comment! It's really good to hear from you! And you should know --you don't ever need to worry about what to say to me....I don't bite! :)
Thanks for updating the blog, it's been a lot of fun to read. Btw, didn't you say there was a sister added to the family as well? When are we going to hear about that?
Home means Nevada, home means the hills, home means the sage and the pines! Out by the truckee silvery rills, out where the sun always shines. Here is the land which I love the best, fairer than all I can see. Deep in the heart of the golden west, HOME means NEVADA to me!
We used to sing that every morning in kindergarten! Are you enjoying some time to yourself with your kids back in school?
Post a Comment