Thursday, September 4

BAD GUY

Xander and I were grocery shopping the other day, when he suddenly pointed and yelled "BAD GUY"! I tried to calm him down, but he got even more upset and stood up on the cart yelling it over and over, "BAD GUY, BAD GUY". I looked around to see what he was pointing at and there was an old woman, who, I kid you not, looked just like the witch from Fablehaven. She had small beady eyes, matted gray hair, and walked with a hunch (I'm pretty sure she was glaring too, which could have been due to the fact that she was being called "Bad guy" by a screaming toddler). I was embarrassed both for me and the woman who really was very witch like, but when I tried to quite Xan down he started trembling, I think he really was scared. But to tell the truth, I was little frightened myself. Who knows, she could have been saying a spell under her breath.

5 comments:

janet said...

Hilarious! That poor witch looking lady. But hey, looking at the bright side, she won't have to dress up much for halloween..

janet said...

Oh, I was going to say that when Ben was 3-ish, we were shopping in a store, he saw a couple of crazy looking guys.. long hair, scraggly beards, tattoos, etc. He stood up in the cart and screamed, "Hey look at those Lamanites!" And by Lamanites, he really meant BAD GUYS! I highly doubt the men knew what he was talking about, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Skeeter said...

Jeryn has her moments of saying things about people I will not repeat... but I want to run and hide. Too funny...

Jon and Ashley said...

I love how you can always trust kids to point out the obvious. I guess if you guys start sprouting warts or something, we will know who to blame.

CJMsquared+6 said...

That's too funny!! But I'm tellin' you kids have like a sixth sense about reading people and so she probably was a "Bad Guy."