Monday, July 14

The Secret Wish

Last night at bedtime, Kaylee and I shared a tender moment.....
Kaylee- "Mom, do you have a secret wish? Like for something real or something that doesn't exist?"
Mom- "Hmmm, I'd have to think about that. Do you?"
Kaylee- "Yes, What I wish for more than anything in the whole world, is to be with my family forever."
Mom- "That does exist, our family can be together forever, because we were sealed together in the temple."
Kaylee- "So we'll be with each other forever, even after we die?.... (relieved) There's nothing better than having your family there to help you, no matter what. I love you!"
Mom- "I love you too!"

9 comments:

Emily B said...

I love this story. You really got blessed with a sweet girl, Rachel.

Skeeter said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

The Smith Family said...

That is so sweet!!

Tiffany said...

That is precious! What a sweet teaching moment! It sure puts things into perspective!

janet said...

I can totally hear her saying that! She is such a sweetheart! I am really going to miss her in primary..

vickersfam said...

That IS a tender moment. It's so cute to hear her understanding eternal families at a young age. I bet it really is comforting for her, as it is for all of us.

Becky said...

Your blog is so cute--and your kids are adorable! Just spent 4 days with your mom, and it was wonderful! I'm sure she showed you the songs we worked on. It was great seeing her again. It's been wonderful connecting with all of you again!

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I feel so bad that I didn't see your comment from like forever ago. Thank you for your encouragement on the shirts! I am flattered! Of course its ok that you look at my blog and I hope you don't mind I've been looking at yours too. I'm putting your link on my page. :)

CJMsquared+6 said...

How sweet... she sounds like she is really growing up. Looks like your family is doing well. I found your blog while blog stalking!! It's way cute. Your family is growing so much...