One Friday a month Xander's class has a "family day," there's no school for him, instead we do a fun activity. This month we drove for just a 1/2 hour to Mt. Charleston.
I had no idea that while I sent the other kids to school in shorts,... Xander and I could be playing in a winter wonderland! We had so much fun in the thigh deep snow.
We went down the mountain a few times together, but after Xan discovered a snow cave, that was it, he stayed in there for the rest of the trip.
Which was fine because I had a major blast on the tube. I'm going like a million miles an hour by the way!
After we were officially popsicles, we drove a couple more miles up the mountain to the ski resort (that's right, I said that Las Vegas had a ski resort!) where we enjoyed a mediocre, very expensive lunch and watched the skiers and boarders come down the slopes.
I am still in awe, that we were able to play in the snow then go home an play in the park. We really do have the best of both worlds here.
3 comments:
Yes, Vegas really is the best of both worlds- especially with Lake Mead so close. I'm so jealous of your park weather. It's been endless snow out here.
Looks like you guys had a really good time. Your making great memories for Xander. Grandma Joyce
Okay, they really need a "like" button in the blogosphere, as well! :)
Looks like you two had a lot of fun! I miss Vegas!
Post a Comment