Monday, December 15

Over-Time Overload

Let me be perfectly clear, it’s not that I’m not grateful. I am thankful for extra money around the holidays and especially when we’re trying to buy a house. That being said…

I have had enough! Tom is working 84 hrs (sometimes more) per week…at one job! He comes home, has dinner and falls asleep. I feel like a single mom (who doesn’t have to worry about finances). Not to mention that the kids have been on track break for almost three weeks. (The other day Tom noticed I was frazzled and asked me when Track break starts….are you serious?) I feel like I am about to breakdown. I am lonely for adult interaction, sick of house hunting alone, over whelmed with housework, and tired of being a referee to my kids.

Enough of the overtime!…..Tom come home!

11 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

It's time for you to ask for some help?! Can I watch your kids so you can go Christmas shopping or just have some "you time"?

Emily B said...

I would also love to watch your kids. When does his hotel open?

Jon and Ashley said...

Wow, you must be going crazy. Like the above commentors, let me know if you need anything. Hopefully some recent cookies will uplift your spirits. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope Tom sees this. There is so much more to life than work & money. He will regret not being there while his children grow. It has to be a partnership between the two of you. Sit down & talk things out, what you both need and how you can help each other get those things. Love you both so much and my heart hurts for you.

Skeeter said...

I have an AWESOME realtor! She helped us with our search. So much easier. If ya wanna get together this weekend. Call me I will be single. Jerod leaves Friday night or Saturday Morning. We can let the kids do their thing, get in fat clothes and watch chick flicks if your up for it. I so know the long hours feeling like a single mom. Let me know!!! (realtor Amy Camasso 702-521-1819) Or if ya want someone to look at houses with ya... loved it.

CJMsquared+6 said...

I feel ya Rach... only my hubby doesn't get paid extra for the long hours he puts in! The joys of being paid salary! Good luck... sometimes locking yourself in the bathroom and crying works for me!

The Simpson Family said...

Thank you so much for your support, I feel supper guilty askin gfor help, that's just how I am! I did some Christmas shopping last night after he got home at 9pm, but I had to be back by 1am so he could go back to work. I know this is only temporary until we get a house, and the job he's on ends.

The Simpson Family said...

Ashley , Thank you for the cookies, we were wondering what little elf snuck them into your house! ;)

Wendy said...

You have my full sympathies. I wish I was down there and could help you out. Heaven knows I owe you after waking you up in the middle of the night. However, my sister-in-law is an awesome realtor, and she could definitely help you out. Plus, she's really funny and might make house-buying slightly more entertaining.

Mindi said...

Just feel blessed that you do not have to leave your kids and go to work full time as well. I am always jeleous of you! But I guess we all want what we don't have, huh?
Call me anytime you want to hang out, especially any Monday or Tuesday.
I can also help with babysitting on those days
Mindi

vickersfam said...

I had no idea you were single mommin' it when I saw you the other day. So sorry! Is his schedule still the same or has it let up some? If not, I may have to sneak over and force you to let me watch the kiddos! Any New Years' Eve plans? And hey, what's going on with the move?! Maybe I should have emailed this comment. Call me!