Last night Kaylee and I were watching Dancing With the Stars (the only TV show we watch). I love doing this with her because it is so girly and it's just for the two of us, she gives excellent commentary and I enjoy her and the dancing. This is not the first season we've watched and for a long time now kaylee has asked me questions and made comments about the relationships between the pros and celebrities,for example, "If she's dressed like that when they dance, they better be married." There have been plenty of teaching moments, such as last season when a black man was dancing with a white woman, she wondered if this was allowed. We've also had many talks about modesty, and how two words that sound so alike (modesty & immodesty) can mean something so different. She cracks me up, pointing out things that to her are obvious and I should probably take more heed from what she says. But, last night she said the sweetest, most funny thing...
When Tony began dancing the Waltz with Marrissa, he kissed her hand, Kaylee threw her arms up and stated, "Well,... that was a real kiss! They're gonna have to get married now!"

4 comments:
I absolutely love Kaylee. She is the cutest little girl ever. And she does have amazing insight.
Yay! New post! I've missed you, Rachel. Kaylee is so cute. I love how she thinks that the two people dancing are married because of how the women are dressed. Some of the things they put on those ladies are pretty scandalous.
Cute family! Thanks for leaving a message, it's great to catch up. I can't believe how long it's been! I have so many memories going through my head...crazy...I'm so glad you made contact. Sorry, that sounds alienish:) I'm glad we're in touch.
New post please. I'm bored. :)
Post a Comment